In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Grief Resources For Children
- Fernside Online – an online resource for grieving children.
- The Dougy Center – the first center in the United States to provide peer support groups for grieving children.
Submit your prayer request.
MORNING WORSHIP SERVICE 11AM | SUNDAY SCHOOL 9:30AM
SENIOR PASTOR | Reverend Dr. Cleopatrick Lacy
Rev. Ashlyn Strozier | Rev. Kenneth Bradley
Mt. Zion Baptist Church | 321 East Taylor Street Griffin, GA 30223-3426 | Phone: 770-228-0310
Mt. Zion Baptist Church | Mailing Address: P.O. Box 764 Griffin, GA 30224
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9 AM until 12 PM & 1 PM – 4 PM | site by: articdesigns.com | EmailLOGIN